CurDane Bodywork - Ciara Curtin
Ciara started her journey in Therapy Training in 2004, in the Cork College of Commerce, where she completed year one of the Complementary Health Therapy. Here, the seed was set, the hunger for more knowledge and further techniques grew, she found further Colleges such as Fuchsia Aromatherapy College and Irish Institute of Physical Therapy (now known as the Irish College of Osteopathic Medicine), National Training Centre and Tutors such as Louise Kleu and Adam Divine, teaching specific styles of bodywork or energy work, treatment and techniques,
that would complement her treatments and bring her closer to her core practice.
Ciara continues to progress, following the path her heart alights.
Current Studies, where the knowledge being sought is specific to the core of her practice:
- Shamanism, Slí an Chroí
- Furthering Lomi Lomi Massage studies
- Furthering Ayurvedic Medicine & Ayurvedic Yoga Massage
- Yoga Instructor, Green Lotus Yoga.
- Thai Massage
- Canine Bodywork - Myoskeletal Therapy
- Continued studies in Canine Assisted Therapy
- (with Canine Instructor & Behaviour to aid in this)
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Neuromuscular Therapy
In time, our hearts are drawn to the path where we feel most at home.
"I feel my practice is narrowing now, finding its speciality,
the more I follow my heart in bringing to my practice what I love,
what I feel works best and gets results with ease,
the more I am able to help people and animals.
Taking the path least avoidable, becoming the bird flying home."
The Road Not Taken, (last verse),
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." Robert Frost
"I have a dream of developing a centre in the countryside, where humans, canines and horses come to be treated but where there is also a cross over,
where the different species,
through assistance therapy,
may help to heal each other.
A little B&B that would be canine and equine friendly, with maybe some chickens.......
a place where time slows down and we can heal.....
Can you see it?
A place to relax, create, restore, to find oneself, to dissolve stress, to heal pain,
to grow and learn together......to laugh and enjoy the smaller things.....to just be you...."
Ciara opened her doors back in 2010 under the once named Allay Health Therapies.
The Centre has changed and morphed as Ciara has grown and learnt,
and will continue to expand with experience and growth.
CurDane Bodywork's Aims:
With the intertwining of therapies, Ciara treats the physical and emotional,
to not just treat the symptoms but to heal the source of the issue,
treating the whole person.
- Releasing stress and relieving muscles from aches and pains,from symptoms or maintaining lifestyle through Injury or condition.
- Leaving the skeleton and muscles with no boundaries, increasing physical mobility, through massage, passive exercises and beautiful movement.
- Releasing emotional blocks that may be preventing you from progressing in life,whether that be from an injury, condition or through a period of time.A letting go of the issues in our tissues that may be holding a person back.
- To supply inspiration and questions - that may open the door in following whatever it is your heart desires.... destiny..
Where ever you may be on your path, at CurDane,
you will find a supportive network for healing and
many opportunities for personal and spiritual growth,
at every point throughout your path.
Ciara Curtin - Artist
My other Passion in life is Art, mainly painting, drawing and creating that image that draws an emotion. To see more of my art work or view information and upcoming events, see my website: www.ciaracurtin.com
This will be brought together in the house,
when art can combine in workshops to aid in healing, a form of expressing whats's within.....
For timetable, hrs, directions and more..
click the information button above.
Below is a button to bring you to a social media page where I try to share the whole story, Bodywork, Art and Life.